Shoaib started his career with a youth set-up at Pune F.C. and played for the academy in the I-League U19. Because of his exceptional performance he was then promoted to the first-team before the 2014–15 season and made his debut for the side on 31 October 2014 against Churchill Brothers in the Durand Cup. It was because of Shoaib Pune won the match by 3-0. He then later made his professional debut for Pune in the final of the Durand Cup against Salgaocar. In 2019, He was signed for I-League 2nd Division team, ARA F.C. While he made his debut against Hindustan F.C. on 16 January 2019 he went on to score a hat-trick.
Here’s a small conversation Fast&Up India had with this amazing football talent!
• When and where were you born?
I was born on 11th July in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
• What is your earliest memory connected with sports?
I remember my father accompanying me to my training sessions and always motivating me to do better ever since I started playing football.
• Who was the most influential person to you as a child?
• Did you have any nicknames?
My family endearingly calls me “Shibu” at times.
• What were you most afraid of as a child?
• Do you recall any interesting stories related to you by any of your elder relatives that you have never forgotten and you think are worth telling to this audience?
My mother told me how when I was a kid, I used to put chocolate bars in the flower pots thinking someday they would grow into chocolate trees.
• What was your favorite subject in school?
• How did you balanced Sports and Studies?
My parents helped me manage both while I was still in school. Growing up, I had my priorities sorted.
• What did you like most about school?
The Football field.
• What did you liked least about the school?
• What sort of after school/out of school clubs did you attend? (in terms of sports)
Football and fitness clubs.
• Was there someone you really looked up to when you were a teenager? (in terms of sports)
• What was your favorite music/band in high school?
When it comes to music, I don’t have favorites. I listen to music according to the mood I am in.
• What would people you know find surprising about you as a teen? That I could never attend parties or social gatherings because I always had training.
• Did you ever thought of doing a 9 to 5 job?
• What would be your ideal job if you ever had to do?
Playing my sport at the most elite/international level.
• Describe about your sporting career.
I was introduced to Football when I was 3 years old. I gradually developed a passion for the sport, I joined a professional academy, got selected for the U-16 national team, where I was the top scorer. It motivated me to keep going. I made it to i-league and played for Pune FC (senior team), played Santosh Trophy, signed Gokullam FC, have been playing i- league second division every year.
• Your best day in life (In terms of sports)
When I scored a goal for Pune FC in my debut match against Bengaluru FC.
• What is your definition of “happiness”?
To be able to play this sport every day and play for reputed clubs, against reputed clubs.
• What is your most memorable Sporting experience?
Scoring in my debut match.
• What is the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you?
When I was playing for the national team, in one of the matches the score was 1-1, both goals were scored by me.
• What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Not proud, but I find it noteworthy that I have always shown consistency in my performance, never took my skills for granted and kept coming back from injuries, only to grind harder.
• How do you want people to remember you?
As a top scorer for my nation.
• Whose biggest fan are you? (in your sport and outside)
• What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch movies, social media.
• If you could possess one super-human power, what would it be?
I would want to fly.
• What is your greatest fear?
Injuries, especially mid-season.
• What is your greatest hope?
That may I keep crossing the milestones I’ve set for myself, and someday represent my country internationally.
• What are the main lessons you’ve learned in life?
To never ever take my health, fitness, privileges and supporters for granted.
Free Nationwide Shipping and Returns on Orders above Rs. 1250/-
Available Monday - Saturday
From 9:30AM - 6:30PM
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.