Protein Supplements( 20 Products)
Currently Out of stock
The best feeling in the world is a protein shake after an intense workout and a cold shower. Protein supplements are becoming an integral part of people’s lives. Protein is the most important nutrient for the growth and development of the body. It is considered as jack of all trades as every reaction in the body requires one or other forms of protein. Proteins are made up of amino acids, are considered building blocks of life. For people who are looking for a healthy and active lifestyle incorporating protein in their daily diet is vital.
Most adults need 0.8g-1g of protein in their body weight per day to fulfill their daily recommended dietary allowance (RDA). Athletes who need to maintain a higher muscle mass should consume around 1.6 to 2.4g of protein every day. According to the US National Library of Medicine people should consume 10-35% of their daily calories through protein rich foods.
Protein is naturally rich in foods like meats, fish, eggs, dairy products, grains, seeds and legumes. But sometimes it becomes difficult to eat protein rich food every day, hence there is an increased awareness and demand for protein supplements. They are a quick, convenient and effective way to provide high quality protein to fulfil your body’s protein requirements.
What are protein supplementsAlmost 80% of our Indian population don't meet their daily protein requirements and 90% of the Indian population aren't aware of their daily protein requirements. 9 out of 10 people don’t meet their daily protein requirements. Are you one of them?
Protein supplements are designed to provide a concentrated source of protein to support muscle growth, repair, and recovery. Here are some popular supplements available in the market:
- Whey protein:- Made from milk, it is the most common and quickly absorbed protein powder, suitable for post-workout.
- Casein protein:- Also made from milk, it is slower digesting and often taken before bedtime to provide a sustained release of amino acids.
- Soy protein:- A plant-based option suitable for vegans or those with dairy allergies, offering a complete amino acid profile.
- Pea protein:- Another plant-based alternative, it is easy to digest and suitable for individuals with allergies or sensitivities to whey protein.
- Hemp protein:- Made from hemp seeds, it provides a good balance of essential fatty acids and is suitable for vegans.
- Rice protein:- Extracted from brown rice, it is hypoallergenic and suitable for those with allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Mixed plant-based protein:- Blends of different plant proteins to provide a complete amino acid profile.
- Egg protein:- Made from egg whites, it is a high-quality protein source suitable for those with dairy allergies.
- Collagen protein:- Made from animal sources, it supports joint health, skin elasticity, and hair growth.
How does protein supplement help you?
Helps to build muscles:- protein helps to build muscles and increase muscle strength, no wonder the most common use of protein powder is post workout. Consuming a muscle gain supplement after exercise or an intense training session is popular amongst athletes and fitness enthusiasts. When it comes to muscle building it’s the quality of the protein that matters and not the type of protein powders. There are multiple studies that suggest both plant protein and whey protein are equally effective for muscle building.
It helps in weight management:- consuming protein shake helps you to feel fuller for a longer period of time. This helps you to consume fewer calories during the day, which results in weight management. Protein powder for weight management also helps you to curb your appetite which helps you avoid eating junk food as a snack.
It helps in muscle recovery:- when you work out your body goes through wear and tear, which results in muscle breakdown. Protein powder helps to repair damaged muscles by synthesizing new protein. Protein supplements are regularly used by athletes to speed up recovery from muscle soreness after exercise. Whey protein contains branched chain amino acids which are ideal for muscle recovery.
Provides additional nutrition:- sometimes a regular diet may not be diverse enough to fulfill your protein requirement. As a vegetarian it can be challenging to find high protein rich foods to fulfill their daily protein requirements. A high-quality supplement provides a healthy alternative to fulfill your protein requirement. Athletes and body builders need more than the required amount of protein; hence a high-quality supplement is a must have for these people.
It helps to maintain healthy hair, nails and skin:- protein is extremely beneficial for the development of hair, nails and skin. Consuming protein powder can help to prevent and reverse the signs of ageing. It can also help to repair the damage caused by a low protein diet. A protein supplement also helps to encourage healthy hair growth that is prone to damage and also beneficial in encouraging better nail growth, for those who notice that their nails do not grow quickly.
Here how you can choose the best protein supplement for youWhile there is plethora of protein supplements available in the market claiming multiple health benefits. Not all of the supplements are made the same! To choose the supplement that is best for you, make sure you understand your body’s nutritional needs.
- For Muscle Building:- if you are someone who is into bodybuilding and fitness. If you want that toned and ripped body, then you may need a little extra protein than the average recommendation. Protein powder provides a convenient and efficient way to meet increased protein requirements, especially for individuals with higher activity levels. Look for a supplement that provides a minimum of 24g of high-quality protein, also, look for BCAA and glutamine which helps in muscle recovery and soreness. Bloating is a common side effect of consuming a muscle building protein powder, hence look for a supplement with added digestive enzyme. If you are an athlete, also check for a product that is banned substances free.
- For Men:- to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle in today’s time it is vital that you consume enough protein. According to ICMR an average adult man needs 0.8g to 1g per body weight protein per day. But if you are someone who lives an active lifestyle then you probably need 1.3g to 1.6g of protein. People with sedentary life should at least consume 0.8g protein per body weight every day. Protein helps men in muscle growth, repair, and recovery. It also enhances strength and performance. Protein when combined with a balanced diet and exercise can promote optimal body composition. Look for a supplement with added essential vitamins and minerals. To navigate the busy lifestyle, look for performance boosters like Ashwagandha, Gothro, and Brahmi and Testo fen.
- For Women:- according to ICMR 65% of lactating women and 70%-80% working women are deficient in protein. An average adult woman also requires 0.8g to 1g of protein per body weight. As more and more women are taking their health and fitness seriously, they cannot compromise on their protein content. If your diet does not involve foods rich in protein, then supplementation is a must. To manage daily life women, need more energy. Other than protein content, I look for ingredients such as herbs, vitamins and minerals. Look for a supplement that provides multiple benefits like lean muscle building, immunity boost, healthy skin, and weight management.
Best time to use a protein supplement
- For losing weight:- incorporating a high protein diet for weight loss is ideal as protein provides the feeling of fullness. Consuming a protein shake between your meals can help you avoid consuming excess calories. Protein also helps raise your metabolism. If you are serious about weight loss you can also consume a protein shake in your breakfast. There are multiple studies that show that consuming a protein shake led to consuming 100 fewer calories in people throughout the day. (1)
- For building muscle:- to grow muscle and strength many experts believe taking a protein supplement 15–60 minutes after the workout (2). This time frame is known as the “anabolic window” and experts believe it to be the perfect time for getting the most out of nutrients like protein
- For preventing muscle loss:- research suggests that people lose up to 3-8% of muscle over a decade after they turn 30. Experts recommend that starting your day with 25g to 30g of protein can help your body to fulfill its protein requirement. (3) If you can't manage to eat protein rich breakfast, then a protein shake during your breakfast is ideal to prevent muscle loss over a period.
- For exercise performance and recovery:- for endurance training you can consume protein during and after your workout for better results, muscle recovery and reduce muscle soreness. If you are into resistance training, then consuming protein immediately before or after workout can be beneficial.
Why Choose Fast&Up Protein Supplements
Fast&Up Protein Supplements are a top choice for individuals looking to improve their fitness and nutrition goals. Fast&Up protein supplements are ideal for weight loss, improving muscle mass, lean muscle building, hormonal balance, improving immunity and overall wellbeing.
Fast&Up supplements are made from high quality protein blends. Fast&Up Plant protein is made from a blend of pea protein and brown rice protein imported from USA. Fast&Up Whey Protein Supplements are formulated using a blend of premium whey protein isolate, concentrate, and hydrolysate, ensuring optimal absorption and utilization by the body. It is sourced from Germany. It is 100% grass fed whey and does not contain any harmful cow hormones.
Fast&Up Protein supplements such as Plant Protein and Whey Advanced are Informed Certified ensuring that the supplements are rigorously tested for banned substances prohibited by WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency).
1. What are protein supplements?
Protein supplements are protein powders that help you to fulfill your daily protein requirement. There are two major types of protein, Plant protein which is made from plant sources and Animal protein which is made from animal sources.
They are commonly used by individuals who have increased protein needs, such as athletes, bodybuilders, and individuals who struggle to meet their daily protein requirements through whole foods alone.
2. What is the purpose of protein supplements?Protein supplements serve the following purpose
• Helps to fulfill daily protein requirements
• Helps to build muscles
• Helps in weight management
• Helps to improve the immunity
3. Is it OK to have protein powder every day?Yes, it is ok to have protein powder every day. Consuming protein powder every day can be a part of a healthy diet, especially for individuals who have increased protein needs due to factors such as intense physical activity or certain medical conditions. Protein powder can be a convenient and efficient way to supplement your protein intake.
4. Are Fast&Up protein products safe for health?Yes, they are safe for health. In fact, they are made from high quality protein sources. Fast&Up whey protein is made from protein sourced from Europe. Fast&Up Plant protein is made from protein sourced from the USA. Additionally, Fast&Up supplements are tested for banned substances prohibited by WADA. They are FSSAI Compliant, and self-manufactured in Factory which is GMP Certified
5. Can I take whey protein without a workout or exercise?Yes, you can take whey protein without a workout or exercise. Whey protein is a high-quality source of protein that contains all the essential amino acids needed for muscle repair and synthesis. According to ICMR, the body needs 0.8g-1g protein per day. Hence to fulfill daily protein requirement you can consume whey protein supplement.
6. How to choose the Best Protein Powder?Choosing the best protein powder depends on your fitness goals. Look for the quality and quantity of protein. Make sure there is no added sugar or banned substances. It is important to be clear about your nutritional goals because that will impact your decision to buy the protein supplement that is best for you.
7. Different Types of Protein Powders?The major types of protein supplements are
8. Can women take protein supplements?Yes, women can consume protein supplements. Protein plays an important role in women’s health. It also helps women by providing muscle strength. It also improves women’s skin health and helps them to reduce stress.
9. How do I calculate how much protein I need?The body needs 0.8g-1g protein per body weight every day. Based on this, you can calculate your protein requirement. You can calculate exactly how much protein you need go to www.fastandup.in and use the protein calculator available on the website.
10. Does Protein Powder affect kidneys?Protein powders are generally safe to consume. Excess use of protein powder may damage the kidney. Ask your trainer or a health expert what the right protein powder for you is and how to consume it.
11. What protein powder is best for lactose intolerance?Plant protein powder is best for people who are lactose intolerant. Plant protein is sourced from plant-based sources like peas and brown rice. Soy etc. Plant protein does not contain lactose; hence they are perfect for people with a lactose allergy.
12. Is it compulsory to take protein daily?It is not compulsory to take protein but consuming at least 0.8g-1g of protein per body weight every day is recommended. Consuming protein everyday is important for several reasons. Protein is an essential nutrient that plays a crucial role in the growth, repair, and maintenance of tissues in the body. It is made up of amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins.
13. Can you drink protein shakes while on the keto diet?Yes, protein powder can be a good choice for those on a low-carb diet.
14. Can Protein Shakes/ Powder Help in weight gain?Protein shakes and powders can be useful for weight gain, as they provide a convenient and easily digestible source of protein. Protein is an essential nutrient that plays a key role in muscle growth and repair. By consuming protein shakes or powders, you can increase your overall protein intake, which may help support muscle development and weight gain.
15. What time is best to drink protein powder?The best time to drink protein powder depends on your fitness goals. If you want to lose weight, then consuming protein powder between meals makes sense. If you are into bodybuilding, then a post-workout protein shake is ideal. If you want to prevent muscle loss, then drink protein powder at dinner.
Free Nationwide Shipping and Returns on Orders above Rs. 1250/-
Available Monday - Saturday
From 9:30AM - 6:30PM
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.