Whey Protein( 10 Products)
Currently Out of stock
Currently Out of stock
What is Whey Protein?Whey protein is derived from the liquid part of milk that separates from the curds during cheese production. It is widely utilized as a protein supplement. Whey protein is often considered as a complete protein, which means it contains all nine essential amino acids that your body needs to function properly. Whey protein is highly digestible and quickly absorbed by the body, making it an excellent choice for post-workout recovery.
Not only does it help build and repair muscle tissue, but it also supports weight management and can even aid in reducing appetite. Whether you're an athlete looking to enhance your performance or simply someone wanting to add more protein to your diet, whey protein is a friendly and convenient option that can help you reach your health and fitness goals.
Types of Whey Protein SupplementWhen it comes to choosing the right whey protein, there are a few options to consider. The most popular types of whey protein include whey concentrate, whey isolate, and hydrolyzed whey.
- Whey concentrate - Whey concentrate is the most basic form of whey protein. It is full of protein but also contains fat and sugar in the form of lactose. The fat content in this helps to support healthy immune and cardiovascular functions. It contains up to 80% protein.
- Whey isolate - It is almost a complete protein, with very little lactose and fat. The isolated protein is refined and treated further to lessen the quantity of unnecessary fat and carbohydrates and to boost the protein content. So, compared to concentrate, isolated protein powder has more protein content.
- Whey Hydrolyzed - It is a pre-digested, 99 percent protein version of whey protein. Whey hydrolyzed is prepared by the use of heat, acid, enzymes, or a combination to purposely break down some of the bonds holding the amino acids together. This allows for these nutrients to be rapidly absorbed by your body.
Because of the hydrolyzation, which functions almost as a pre-digestion process, hydrolyzed protein gets absorbed rapidly which helps you obtain the fastest protein absorption. Whey hydrolyzed protein helps to recover faster after an intense workout. On the other hand, hydrolyzed protein may lack some of the naturally existing advantages that concentrate has.
Each type has its own benefits and considerations, so it's important to choose one that aligns with your fitness goals and dietary needs. Whether you're looking to build muscle or support your overall health and wellness, there's a whey protein out there that's perfect for you!
What is Whey Protein made ofThere are five key components:
- Beta-lactoglobulin: Beta-lactoglobulin is the major component, which makes up 50-55% of the total whey protein. Whey protein is a rich source of essential amino acids, including branched-chain amino acids, or BCAAs, that prevent muscle breakdown. Beta-lactoglobulin supports muscle building after intense exercise.
- Alpha-lactalbumin: Alpha-lactalbumin makes up to 20-25% of whey protein, making it the second most important component. Alpha-lactalbumin is a rich source of tryptophan with potential benefits that include an increase in serotonin production, sleep regulation, and mood improvement under stress.
- Glycomacropeptide : Glycomacropeptide constitutes up to 15% of whey protein, depending on the purity of it. Glycomacropeptide helps to prevent dental cavities and causes a feeling of fullness that can help with weight control, among other bioactive properties.
- Immunoglobulin: Immunoglobulin makes up 10-15% of whey protein. They help to boost immunity, especially in infants.
- Bovine Serum Albumin: It makes up to 5-10% of whey protein. It helps to reduce the absorption of cholesterol and has other bioactive properties.
Benefits of Whey Protein Supplements
- Provides High Quality Protein
Whey supplements can be an excellent source to add to your daily diet. It can help you to fulfill your daily protein requirements as one single scoop of high protein powder can provide up to 20g-25g of protein.
- Helps Promotes Muscle Growth
Muscle mass starts to decline as we age. Excess muscle loss can lead to multiple chronic diseases. A combination of strength training and healthy diet can prevent excess muscle loss. Whey protein is a good source of branched-chain amino acid called Leucine which helps to promote muscle growth.
Hence consume best protein supplement to prevent age-related muscle loss, as well as for improved strength (2).
- Prevents Muscle Breakdown
The primary focus of a high-intensity workout is to avoid muscle breakdown caused by a lack of protein synthesis in the muscles. This can occur when attempting to increase muscle size without adequate protein intake. Isolate protein powder is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, promoting protein metabolism and preventing muscle breakdown.
It is important to note that a negative protein balance can lead to similar negative effects, which is why taking whey protein supplements can help maintain muscle size, strength, and support protein synthesis. However, it is crucial to maintain a balance between maintaining a sufficient protein reserve and overall health as excessive reliance on supplements may have adverse effects.
- Helps to Control Cravings
The feeling of hunger is caused by the release of ghrelin, which can contribute to cravings for snacks. Research has indicated that incorporating whey protein supplements into one's diet can greatly reduce these hunger pangs. This helps you to avoid consuming extra calories which can lead to weight loss (3).
Adding whey to your diet may promote fat loss. Whey protein can help to boost your metabolism resulting in more calorie burning. It can also help to maintain muscle mass when losing weight.
- Helps to Boost Immunity
Antioxidants are important for a healthy immune system. Antioxidants help to reduce oxidative stress and prevent chronic diseases. Glutathione is the most important antioxidant in our body. But the glutathione production in the body depends on the supply of several amino acids, such as cysteine, which is sometimes of limited supply.
Whey supplements provide all the essential amino acids that help in the production of glutathione, thus improving your body’s antioxidants defense against harmful pathogens.
How to Choose the Best Whey Protein SupplementConsider the following criteria to buy whey protein powder for your health goals.
- Amount of protein
The amount of protein you need depends on your lifestyle. If you live a sedentary lifestyle, then you need 0.8-1g of protein per body weight. But if you live or aspire to an active lifestyle then you need a higher amount of protein.
Look for amount of protein per scoop and percentage of protein per scoop. If a brand is providing 24g of protein in 31g scoop, then the percentage of protein per scoop is 77%. This is a good benchmark to determine if you should buy any protein supplement.
- Source of Protein
The quality of whey protein can vary depending on its protein source. Look for protein powders that have whey sourced from Germany in Europe. When it comes to whey supplements stick to ingredients mentioned as whey protein Isolate, whey protein concentrate or hydrolyzed whey protein.
- Amino Acids Spiking
Some whey protein powder in India add amino acids like glycine and taurine to meet the label claim. However, these amino acids are not as beneficial to muscle building as leucine, iso-leucine and valine. Hence always look for label to find out the amino acid profile of the supplement.
What is the best time to take Whey Protein Shake
- For Muscle Gain
By consuming your shake either before or after your workout, you are still providing your body with the essential building blocks (amino acids) it needs to aid in muscle recovery and preparation for your next workout.
- For Weight Loss
Consuming whey protein is excellent for fat loss. Protein can help you boost metabolism and control your appetite. Consuming a whey protein shake between your meals can help you feel fuller for a longer period (5). This can aid in weight loss as you tend to avoid eating unhealthy food as a snack.
- For Better Exercise Performance
Our muscles undergo a continuous cycle of breakdown and repair depending on our level of physical activity. Engaging in high-intensity exercise necessitates an additional supply of dietary protein for the purpose of muscle rebuilding and growth. Imagine your muscles as a stack of building blocks that are toppled during intense exercise, and whey protein as extra blocks that can fortify the structure when you rebuild it.
Scientific studies indicate that incorporating additional protein, such as whey, into our diet can enhance gains in muscle mass, strength, and the speed at which our muscles repair (known as muscle protein synthesis), especially when combined with an appropriate workout routine.
- For weight gain
To increase your muscle mass, it is important to consume more calories than you burn during your workouts. Some individuals incorporate whey protein into their daily routine to obtain additional nutritious calories. In this situation, the timing of when you consume the protein is not as crucial for achieving desired outcomes.
If you intend to use whey protein for this purpose, which includes increasing your calorie and protein intake, it may be beneficial to have your protein shakes in between meals so that they do not diminish your appetite for other foods. For a shake with higher calorie content, consider adding milk or nut butter to provide an extra boost of healthy fats.
Why Choose Fast&Up Whey Protein Supplements
Fast&Up provides you with high-quality whey supplements for your fitness goals. Our premium European-sourced whey provides high-quality protein that is easy to digest. Our whey supplements are free from any banned substances. Fast&Up provides the best whey protein in India, which has undergone rigorous safety and quality checks. We also offer the best whey protein price on all our whey supplements. Start your fitness journey with Fast&Up whey protein.
1. Can Whey Protein Be Taken Daily?Yes, Whey protein can be taken daily. Whey protein offers health benefits and takes care of daily protein requirements. It is recommended to take at least one scoop of whey protein every day.
2. Is It Necessary to Take Whey Protein Powder?Consuming 0.8-1g of protein per body weight every day is necessary. Most of the protein can be consumed through food. But it can be challenging to consume protein-rich food every day. Hence it is recommended to take protein powder to fulfill the daily protein requirement. Whey protein is a high-quality protein powder that is also easy to absorb.
3. Does Whey Protein Contain Testosterone?No, whey protein does not contain testosterone. Testosterone is a male sex hormone and cannot be acquired from a food source.
4. Does Whey Protein Contain Steroids?A good quality whey protein supplement will not contain steroids. Look for whey protein powders that are banned and substance free.
5. Can Diabetic People Consume Whey Protein?Yes, diabetic people can consume whey protein. In fact, whey protein can be helpful for diabetic people. Whey protein slows gastric emptying, stimulates insulin and gut hormones, including incretins, and reduces postprandial blood glucose, especially when consumed some minutes before a meal. Always consult your health care professional before taking whey supplement.
6. Can You Drink Whey Protein on A Keto Diet?Consuming a whey protein drink in a well-formulated keto diet is ok. Whey protein isolate is the best type of protein to consume with a keto diet as it contains minimal carbs.
7. What Is The PDCAAS Of Whey?Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score evaluates protein quality. It compares the amino acid composition of a particular food to what our bodies require. The best PDCAAS value of a protein is 1. Whey protein is a high-quality protein and has a score of 1.
8. Is Whey Protein Considered Lactose Free?Whey protein is made from dairy products; hence it contains some lactose. People who are lactose intolerant can still consume whey isolate as it contains very less to no lactose.
Free Nationwide Shipping and Returns on Orders above Rs. 1250/-
Available Monday - Saturday
From 9:30AM - 6:30PM
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.