Branched Chain Amino Acids are a group of three essential amino acid- leucine, iso-leucine and valine. BCAA are taken during workout, to boost energy, to reduce fatigue time and to build up muscle mass. It enhances exercise performance. These three amino acids are essential to human body.
BCAA makes up a large portion of amino acid pool in the body. They are mainly broken down in the muscle than liver. Hence it plays a role in energy production during exercise. Our body can use them as building blocks for protein and muscle. They are also involved in regulating blood sugar levels and by stimulating the cells to take up sugar from the bloodstream. It reduces the production of serotonin in the body and hence the fatigue level is achieved slowly. Out of these three amino acids, leucine has the highest ability to build muscle protein.
● It reduces fatigue- Consuming BCAAs may help reduce physical and mental fatigue. Having BCAA during workout is important as it will be constantly supplying you with energy and thereby even reduce your fatigue level.
● It reduces muscle soreness- BCAA may help your muscles feel less sore after exercise. This is by lowering the activity of enzyme that initiates muscle damage. This improves recovery and some protection against muscle damage.
● It increases muscle mass- Many people have BCAA because it increases muscle mass and it is very true. It activates the enzymes responsible to increase muscle mass. Many BCAA supplements contain more amount of leucine than iso-leucine and valine. Supplementing BCAA with complete protein with the diet will show even better results.
● It reduces blood sugar levels- BCAA maintains normal blood sugar levels. Leucine and isoleucine tends to increase insulin secretion in muscle thereby decreasing blood sugar levels from blood.
● It enhances weight loss- BCAA prevents weight gain and induces weight loss. It helps your body to get rid of unnecessary fat. Wrestlers, weight lifters or other sports activist, when consumed BCAA showed a good amount of fat reduction which helped them in their performance.
● It reduces complications in liver diseases- BCAAs may help reduce complications linked to liver failure. One possible complication is hepatic encephalopathy (HE), which can lead to confusion, loss of consciousness and coma. BCAA supplements may also be effective at reducing fatigue and improving weakness, sleep quality and muscle cramps in individuals with liver disease.
The dosage for every individual is different based on their capacity and needs.
● Women- minimum 9 grams of BCAA per day
● Men- minimum of 12 grams of BCAA per day.
People, who have a good amount of protein intake in their diet, shouldn’t take supplements. However the daily requirements of an athlete or resistance trainer would be different than a normal person.
Taking BCAA is mostly safe with no side effects for most people. People with rare congenital disease such as maple syrup urine should limit their BCAA intake as it doesn’t get digested properly.
Supplementing BCAA with your diet will provide you with numerous health benefits especially when it comes to muscle growth and enhancing performance. Fast&Up BCAA contains 2.5 g L-Glutamine, 1g L-Arginine, 1g Taurine, 1g Citrulline, Electrolytes and Vitamins which promotes muscle strength, recovery and endurance.
Free Nationwide Shipping and Returns on Orders above Rs. 1250/-
Available Monday - Saturday
From 9:30AM - 6:30PM
Your Payment Information is Processed Securely
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.