1. Career Highlights - Medals of Glory
Simta's list of accomplishments leave you feeling awed. Instead of talking about it, we will just list them down for you -
1. Valsad City Half Marathon - 2nd - 01:39:27
2. Rajkot Half Marathon - 10th - 01:40:31
3. Atul Run - 1st - 01:41:41
4. Adidas Uprising 10K - 1st - 00:46:47
5. Run India Run 10K Challenge - 3rd - 00:44:45
6. IDBI Mumbai Half Marathon - 1st - 01:43:34
7. Benguluru Stadium Relay Run (Fast & Up) - 2nd - 25Km in 2 Hours
8. Airtel Hyderabad Half Marathon - 3rd - 01:44:21
9. Surat City Half Marathon - 3rd - 01:42:12
All of this is just the beginning for this Alpha Female!
2. Her sport & what she loves about it - Her Passion
Simta loves running for the simple reason that it helps her to lead a happy & healthy life.
3. What got her started - How the journey began
It was random start for Simta. She had registered for Powai 10K run and accidentally found herself on Podium (We wish such happy accidents on all fitness enthusiasts!)
Since then, it has been something Simta always looked for and followed passionately. Simta is convinced that following beliefs are closely connected:
The pursuit of Happiness
Happiness of Pursuit
She believes strongly in the latter one and hence she has been pursuing a sport that makes her happy.
4. Her fitness mantra
5. Biggest sport challenge
For Simta the biggest challenge has been breaking the 90 minutes half-marathon time.
6. Favorite sport memory
Vadodara Ultra 2015 holds a special memory for Simta.
7. What she'd like to share with fellow fitness enthusiasts
Simta says the following, 'It is very important to have some fitness goals in life. That can be one push-up everyday or taking few steps. It is important in life to keep challenging yourself in every aspect of life. I feel more lively when I argue my limitations.'
8. Favorite Fast&Up fuel
A blend of Fast&Up Reload and Recover is the fuel Simta swears by!
9. What her normal training day looks like
A normal training day for Simta begins with a Morning workout which keeps her smiling and active for the whole day. During the day, Simta keeps tabs on her diet which consists mainly of raw food, seeds and nuts. She believes that at the end of the day, you are what you eat
10. Favorite place to train - Training Haven
Simta loves to train on hills.
11. Everyday fitness diet
Simta's everyday diet consists of sprouts, eggs, vegetables, fruits and milk products.
12. Her fitness inspiration
Simta is highly inspired by the whole running community around. In her words, 'I feel proud to be a part of it.'
13. Her biggest motivation
Simta's husband, Kshitij Sharma is her biggest source of motivation!
14. What pushes her to the finish line
In Simta's words, 'The competition level. A race is not a race if you are able to stand properly after the finish line.'
15. One goal she'd like to achieve
Simta's current goal is to crack a sub 90 minute half marathon. Knowing her, she will achieve it in no time with her determined and perseverant attitude!
16. Importance of sports nutrition in her life
In Simta's words, 'Training alone cannot make you stronger. Being resourceful is equally important. What I am today is output of my training + my nutrition.'