1. Career Highlights - Medals of Glory
Prajakta is a podium finisher and an inspiration in the running community. A Runner, a Triathlete, an Avid Trekker, Prajakta has seen the beauty of land from the Everest Base Camp. She&s seen the artistry of the skies from the Bottom of the Ocean. She&s seen the hard work it takes to complete the last 500 meters of a marathon.
2. Her sport & what she loves about it - Her Passion
Running & Triathlon are her sports. She say, 'Sports gives me confidence of being able to run and satisfaction of taking time out for myself in my most of the times busy schedule and people around. I feel privileged to have fresh city just waking up from sleep all for myself and love this part of the city which is so sane & distant from the crowded, busy and angry version of it! My run leaves me grateful to the safe city and people around who contribute to my run in different ways during my wee hours running. It&s pleasure to know healthy and fit people around which I would have otherwise never discovered. I witness smiling faces and happy waves of greeting irrespective of their acquaintances with each other every run. I get an uninterrupted hour with my favorite music whenever I feel like! When I run , I am more cautious about my food, I take early dinners, avoid junk food, sleep early and also get an extra hour to prepare for my son&s school after run which otherwise may end up sleeping. Thus running gives me a stronger self, great friends, self-assurance, satisfaction, happiness, refreshed soul and healthy lifestyle - I am a never the same person after every run but a better version of myself!'
3. What got her started - How the journey began
Prajakta moved to Chennai a few years back and took up running with the intent of breaking away from the mundane. She was in a new city and wanted some 'Me Time' that would help make her feel apprehensive about living in a new city.
4. Her fitness mantra
In Prajakta's words, 'You are stronger than you think.''
5. Biggest sport challenge
Prajakta's biggest challenge was when she decided to attempt a triathlon in Enticer category in 2013. She learnt how to swim at very later stage in her life. She took her son for swimming classes and ended up enrolling herself for swimming! Floating was all that she knew when she decided to enroll for the Enticer category! She took up the challenge since the distance was very less for this event - 300 meters swimming, 20 Km cycling & 3 kms of running. But getting in the water deeper was a challenge and when she completed swimming part, she was elated! Prajakta believes she has come long way since then having completed half iron distance triathlon with CTC group in June 2016 comfortably and we couldn't agree more!
6. Favorite sport memory
Prajakta lists her favorite sports memory as the following (in her words):
1. My first 10KM run in TWCM2012 where I did my first 8 kms nonstop and that was the longest distance I had ever run in my life!
2. My first Full marathon in Bangalore (2014 -1st edition of Sriram Bengaluru marathon) where ran the longest run of my life and at 32nd kilometer realised that I was still able to run! This run holds fondest memory as it involved lot of great practice runs at odd hours during the day. It helped me make some of my strongest friendships that I still cherish!
3. First Olympic distance Triathlon in Open Quarry organised by Chennai trekking Club: I was one of the earliest members from my running group who attempted the distance in June 2015 and coming from a weak swimming background I had lot of apprehensions about getting into the open water for such a long distance swimming. While I was swimming. I realised that I was able to swim and float comfortably in the water for a long distance and that I could swim for even longer time without holding onto the tube! It was empowering and it helped me finish the later part of the event with ease and confidence.
7. What she'd like to share with fellow fitness enthusiasts
Prajakta says, 'You are stronger than you think.'
8. Favorite Fast&Up fuel
Prajakta swears by Fast&Up Activate and Fast&Up Recover to fuel her training!
9. What her normal training day looks like
In Prajakta's words, a normal training day for her consists of the following:
Wake up at 4:40 AM in the Morning
Complete run workout /strength exercises for the day
Back at 7AM
Leave for work at 8AM
Sleep by 10PM
On weekends, Prajakta goes for a long run/strengthening or any other outdoor activity.
10. Favorite place to train - Training Haven
Prajakta gets he training plans thru online training coach Raghul. She prefers to Run in and around her house & sometimes near on the beach.
11. Everyday fitness diet
Prajakta doesn't follow a specific diet but ensures to eat healthy home cooked food.
12. Her fitness inspiration
Her inspiration is Kannan Sankarambadi from Chennai Runners group with whom she did her first run!
13. Her biggest motivation
Her family and her friends!
14. What pushes her to the finish line
In Prajakta's words, 'Sense of achievement and joy getting out of the misery at that moment!'
15. One goal she'd like to achieve
Her long term goal is to excel in what she does while her short term goal is to complete a 10K run under 55 minutes. Fast&Up is proud to fuel both!
16. Importance of sports nutrition in her life
As Prajakta says, 'Very recently I have become very conscious about sports nutrition. I take Fast&Up Recover after very activity and Fast&Up Vitalize (multivitamins) on a regular basis .